Roman Chamomile is so cozy, isn’t it? I love a drop in my tea before bed. I am so excited dōTERRA has it back in stock now! (For a limited time! Limit 2 bottles per account.) So what can we use Roman Chamomile for? Well, it’s obviously a gentle, calming oil, perfect to add a few drops to your bath with epsom salts. For a teething baby, you can dilute 10 drops of Roman Chamomile in a 5ml roller bottle, fill with fractionated coconut oil, and roll on the outside of baby’s jaw. For general newborn fussiness, try the same recipe, but use 5 drops Lavender and 5 drops Roman Chamomile instead, and roll on baby’s feet or massage into their back. (I’ll take one of those back rubs right now, thanks 😉 )
Chamomile was used in ancient Rome to give soldiers courage before battle (source). Pretty cool! It would be an excellent addition to a blend for courage or mental strength before tackling a difficult task or situation. Here are some more ways we can use Roman Chamomile:
- Soothes the systems of the body*
- Has a calming effect on the skin, mind, and body*
- May help to support healthy immune system function*
- Add one to two drops to your favorite moisturizer, shampoo, or conditioner to promote youthful looking skin and hair
- Add one to two drops to herbal teas or hot drinks to soothe the body and mind*
- Diffuse or apply to bottoms of feet at bedtime
- Blends with Lavender or Balance
- Diffuse to soothe anger and irritability
- Apply to wrists and neck for a peaceful evening at home
- Apply to chest over heart for feelings of well-being
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
More in the Essential Oil Rockstar series:
How do you like to use Roman Chamomile?