I am so excited that December is here! It might be my very favorite month of the year…cookie exchanges, Christmas lights, cooler weather (and this year, now that we’ve made it to the first of the month, we can be sure baby Annabelle will be born in December! Yay!).
Today is also a special day because (drumroll) Melissa and Roman Chamomile essential oils are back in stock! They’ve been out of stock for ages due to unusual weather which destroyed the crops, so dōTERRA replanted and began the process of nurturing new plants months ago. Now we can enjoy the incredible benefits of these oils again! (These oils are available for a limited time, 2 per account.)
Today, let’s talk about how we can use Melissa essential oil.
You might know Melissa (Melissa officinalis) as Lemon Balm. It’s got teeny tiny leaves that yield a teeny tiny amount of oil. But it’s so valuable to our health, it’s worth the extra work to distill it.
Melissa leaves – kind of remind me of peppermint!
The name “Melissa” is from the Greek word for honey bee, because the plant’s citrusy-sweet aroma attracts bees. Melissa may help support a healthy immune system (I have a few friends who swear it does wonders when they feel the symptoms of feeling unwell coming on – they press a drop of Melissa to the roof of their mouth at the first sign), calms tension and nerves, and promotes feelings of relaxation.
What are some other ways we can use Melissa?
- Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest to lessen stress and promote emotional well-being
- Place one to two drops under the tongue or on roof of mouth and swallow
- Add to moisturizer or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to rejuvenate skin and refresh your thoughts
- Blends well with doTERRA On Guard® to boost its benefits
- Diffuse to create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep
- Promotes emotional health
Add a few other items to your order (to total 200 PV, like $200) and get a FREE bottle of Frankincense essential oil ($93 retail value)! This is only for the month of December!
Have you tried Melissa essential oil before? What’s your favorite way to use it?