Yes, that “?!” is there on purpose, because really, who talks about Dill oil?! Well, I’m about to. So that makes one person. Ha!
I recently saw a recipe online that used a drop of Dill essential oil as a dressing for quinoa salad, and since I never have fresh dill in my fridge (and because I had the essential oil laying around and didn’t exactly know what to do with it), I made the recipe and used my essential oil. And I fell in love with it! (The meal and the essential oil.) So I did some more research and discovered the essential oil is actually really useful. Who knew?
Dill has a myriad of benefits for the respiratory and digestive system, along with properties for calming muscles. It can help to move us emotionally from feeling “avoiding” to “intentional” (great for procrastination, which most of us deal with now and then!).
- Supports digestion and overall GI health.
- Purifying to the body’s systems.
- Diffuse with Bergamot and Lemon to lessen stress and anxious feelings.
- Add to marinades, soups, and salads to enhance flavor.
- Use when canning to help preserve garden vegetables.
- Add one to two drops to an herbal tea before bedtime to promote a restful sleep.
- Provides important antioxidants.
For digestion, it’s as easy as rubbing a drop on your tummy, or taking a drop or two in a veggie capsule before a heavy meal. Pure therapeutic grade Dill is potent, so remember when cooking with it to start by adding a tiny amount to your dish (dip a toothpick into the bottle and swirl throughout your food). You can always add more but you can’t take it back out!
More in the EO Rockstar series: